Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bay to Breakers... part 2

On Sunday, we woke up and got ready for the 8 am "tortilla" tossing and race start. There was no need to set the alarm clock especially when you have a 6 month old who is still on Central Standard Time. Yes, that's right, mommy and daddy were up at 4:50am when Noah clearly thought that it was time for his morning bottle!

We met up with my cousin, Chris, and we all headed for the start line. The weather was a bit chilly, but great for running. Unfortunately, the fog stuck around for quite a while. When we all made it down to the "breakers" in our own respective times, the ocean was hard to find because of all of the low lying clouds. ( The finish line is only about 20 yards from the beach)... nevertheless the costumes were entertaining, and all four of us (John, Dad, Chris and I) survived the San Francisco hills.

Sunday afternoon, we headed to the San Francisco Giants baseball game. It was an entertaining, high scoring game that the Giants ended up losing to the White Sox. John burned his head so badly that I joked about needing to admit him to the "burn unit" at the hospital. I've never seen a blistered head like that before! I'm happy to report that 3 days later, the blisters are gone.

No comments: