Tomorrow is our last day as a family of three. I can hardly believe that we are heading into the hospital Tuesday morning in expectation of meeting Noah's little brother. I'm not quite sure John and I could fully prepare a 20-month-old little boy for the change he is about to experience. Wait... I don't think that John and I could adequately prepare ourselves for the change WE are about to experience!! However, Noah has been sweet to give kisses to his little brother at bedtime (aka... my belly)... so, maybe there is hope, after all, that Noah will continue to give the little guy kisses once he's on the other side of mommy's tummy!
We have been so blessed to be Noah's parents. He is one sweet, active, and loving boy. He makes us laugh... his personality is just precious... and, though, he is testing his boundaries as a toddler, he has mastered giving mommy hugs and saying "sorry" when his time in time-out is over.
I pulled out the bouncy seat and some baby toys this weekend. You would have thought that Noah was in toy-heaven. Thankfully, he didn't break the bouncy seat from his continuous climbing in and out of the chair. I guess I should be prepared to find Noah trying to climb into the chair WITH his little brother!
In these last few moments with Noah as our only son, I find myself falling even deeper in love with him... and, I look forward to seeing how my heart's capacity to love Noah and to love Noah's little brother unfolds.
Here are a few photos of our little guy... Noah, we love you! 










2 comments:
Yay Julie!!! So exciting! Can't wait to meet the newest little Manning!
Love,
Angela
Praying for you all. Congratulations! I cannot wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment